Was in car accident, if my auto coverage is insufficent can she sue me?

Additional  Information:

I was involved in a car accident in Millbury and the police have sited me and majority fault is on me. I only have liability insurance that covers $15,000 per person.  If the other driver’s injuries or property damages exceed my policy limit, can he sue me to recover any additional costs?  I’m worried because I wouldn’t be able to cover it.  What should I do?


The policy limits are the maximum amount that the insurance company will pay on your behalf.  If the damages exceed the policy limits, then you may be responsible for anything above those limits.  The insurance company will try to settle the claim within those limits, but sometimes that is not possible, and it will pay the limits without obtaining a release, meaning you are responsible for the excess, if the claimant files suit and recovers a judgment. 

The Millbury Car Accident Injury Lawyers at our firm handle car and auto personal injury claims in the Greater Worcester area including the communities of Grafton, Holden, Leicester, Marlborough, North Brookfield, Shrewsbury, Westborough, West Boylston and Worcester.

Contact Us
close slider

Do You have Questions?

We've Got Answers.